The Awards, now in its 6th year, continues to grow and establish a solid reputation within the North Oxfordshire business community and serves to showcase and celebrate the excellent business people and organisations we have here in the Cherwell District.
The launch will be held on Tuesday 1st November 2016 at Norbar Torque Tools Ltd from 8 am onwards. If you would like to join us please do book a place by emailing email@example.com.
You will have the opportunity to meet our sponsors and previous winners, to hear more about the awards, how you can enter, as well as details of the Awards Dinner, which will be held at the stunning Heythrop Park on Friday 5th May 2017.
There are ten categories that business can either be nominated, or self nominate, for plus an overall winner. The award categories and sponsors are:
1. The A2 Dominon New Business Award
2. The Oxfordshire Local Enterprise Partnership Small Business Award
3. The Bicester Vision, Bicester Chamber and Wednesday Breakfast Club (Bicester Contingency) Micro Business Award
4. The Natwest Employer of the Year Award
5. The Spratt Endicott Established Business Award
6. The Ellacotts Business Person of the Year Award
7. The Bicester Village Retail Award
8. The Oxon Apprenticeships Apprenticeship of the Year Award
9. The Begbroke Science Park Innovation & Creativity Award
10. The Michael Page Charity and Community Award
11. The Norbar Overall Business of the Year Award
There is no separate entry for this most prestigious award: The winner will be decided upon by the sponsor of this award chosen from the finalists of any of the other 10 categories.
The timetable for the awards is as follows:
1. Entries can be submitted from 1st November 2016, and the shut off date for receipt is 31st January 2017.
2. In February 2017 all applications will be assessed and judged, with the finalists announced in March 2017.
Winners will be announced at the Gala dinner and awards ceremony in May 2017.
Spratt Endicott has proudly sponsored the ‘Established Business Award’ at the Cherwell Business Awards since its inception in 2011. Winning a Cherwell Business Award can be a springboard to greater success and exposure in the local business community and we are proud to support such a fantastic event.
At the 2016 Awards Ceremony, Spratt Endicott was thrilled to learn British Bakels, the winner of its sponsored category, was also crowned the overall winner of the night, claiming the prestigious Norbar Torque Tools ‘Cherwell Business of the Year Award’.
Greg Woodhead, Product Development Manager at British Bakels Ltd said: “Winning these awards is an acknowledgement of the hard work and commitment of the whole Bakels team over the past few years to build a forward-facing and growing company which is a responsible and valued member of the community. The awards are especially gratifying given the high level of competition shown from the other businesses who were nominated.”
John Spratt, Chairman at Spratt Endicott, said: “During our time sponsoring the Awards, we have achieved a greater presence in the Cherwell District with offices in both Banbury and Bicester. We believe these Awards are a brilliant way to celebrate the success and achievements of our great business people living and working in the area.”
We would like to thank our Headline Sponsor Cherwell District Council and our Award Categories Sponsors, without them these awards would not be possible. You can find out more about the 2017 Award categories at: https://cherwellbusinessawards.co.uk/.