For the third year running, The Cherwell Business Awards has shone the spotlight on the ingenuity, dedication and achievements of many talented individuals and businesses in the local business community. This year, the awards attracted over 30% more applicants for the nine categories, and each of the selected finalists were not only eligible to be judged for the Norbar Cherwell Business of the Year Award, but were also automatically entered into the prestigious 2014 Oxfordshire Business Awards.
The 2014 Gala Dinner was held in an impressive marquee set in the stunning grounds of Dovecote Barn, Adderbury. The Oxfordshire County Music Service provided an excellent string quartet that performed as guests arrived for the drinks reception. Everyone had the opportunity to meet with all the sponsors, finalists and other esteemed guests before sitting down to a delicious three course dinner provided by Devour Catering.
Well known local businessman Stuart Miller, Co-Founder & CEO of Bybox hosted the ceremony and sponsors of each category commended the finalists before announcing and presenting the winners of each category with their beautiful, engraved glass trophies and certificates.
During the evening a raffle was held, with a number of sponsors and organisers generously donating prizes. The raffle raised a fantastic £1,500, with all the proceeds going to the winner of the Charity & Community Award – ACE Training & Consultancy Ltd.
The winners of the awards are:
- New Business – sponsored by Bloxham Mill Business Centre
- Charity & Community – sponsored by Cherwell District Council
ACE Training & Consultancy Ltd
- Small Business – sponsored by NatWest
Oxford Fine Dining
- Customer Care Award – sponsored by Bicester Village
Castle Vehicle Leasing Ltd
- Established Business – sponsored by Spratt Endicott
- Staff Training & Development Award – sponsored by Activate Learning Banbury & Bicester College
Hawkins Group of Companies
- Export – sponsored by Integration Technology
Zeta Specialist Lighting Ltd
- Innovation & Creativity – sponsored by Begbroke Science Park
Oxford Photovoltaics Ltd
- Business Person of the Year – sponsored by Ellacotts LLP
The overall Cherwell Business of the Year, sponsored by Norbar Torque Tools and selected from amongst the finalists was awarded to ACE Training & Consultancy Ltd.
Spratt Endicott is proud to be one of the organisers and sponsors of this prestigious event and we congratulate all the 2014 winners! Looking forward to the 2015 Awards …..