Employment Tribunals Fees
Pricing for Bringing and Defending Claims for Unfair or Wrongful Dismissal
Several factors can affect the costs relating to your unfair or wrongful dismissal case including those stated below. We have also outlined our costs in the table below but please note the table is a guide. Please contact us in order to discuss your matter.
|Simple Case||Medium Complexity Case||High Complexity Case|
|£-3,500-£8,000 (VAT excl.)||£8,001-£35,000 (VAT excl.)||£35,001-£90,000 (VAT excl.)|
|Attending the Tribunal Hearing||£1,000 to £2,680 per day exc VAT (expect 1-5 days depending on the complexity of your case)|
These are costs payable to third parties related to your matter. We handle these payments on your behalf.
|Counsel fees (estimate)||£1,750 – £35,000|
|Travel/Hotel Expenses||These expenses will depend on the location and length of hearing. For example, you may be charged the train fare and time taken to get there from Banbury.|
Key Stages of the Claim
The fees set out cover the following key stages, but we are also able to offer a tailored service if you wish to cover some elements of the claim yourself.
- Taking your initial instructions, reviewing the papers and advising you on merits and likely compensation (this is likely to be revisited throughout the matter and subject to change)
- Entering into pre-claim conciliation where this is mandatory to explore whether a settlement can be reached
- Preparing claim or response
- Reviewing and advising on claim or response from other party
- Exploring settlement and negotiating settlement throughout the process
- Preparing or considering a schedule of loss
- Preparing for (and attending) a Preliminary Hearing
- Exchanging documents with the other party and agreeing a bundle of documents
- Taking witness statements, drafting statements and agreeing their content with witnesses
- Preparing bundle of documents
- Reviewing and advising on the other party’s witness statements
- Agreeing a list of issues, a chronology and/or cast list
- Preparation and attendance at Final Hearing, including instructions to Counsel
How long will my matter take?
The time that it takes from taking your initial instructions to the final resolution of your matter is largely dependent on the stage at which your case is resolved and the listing capabilities of the Tribunal. Cases can take anything from a few weeks (if settled in the pre-claim conciliation) to 24 months if the matter proceeds to a full hearing.
We will give a more accurate timescale when we have more information and as your matter progresses. Your case will be handled by one of 2 Employment solicitors. Regardless of who handles your case, Carol Shaw will supervise the department.